@OfficialCoreDJs

Events

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Notes

Notes Home

Welcome! To view all notes, click here. Continue

Created by The Core DJ's Jul 6, 2014 at 4:18pm. Last updated by The Core DJ's Jul 6, 2014.

In a recent interview with MTV Diddy said, "People have figured out the formula when they make records for radio, and DJs ain’t DJs no more. DJs don’t break records no more. DJs don’t play album cuts. DJs play what is going to move the crowd. DJs, they don’t expose you to the newness. That was the DJs’ thing. Hip-hop is in a recession also.”

Read the Rest
Here

This is a strong statement. How y'all feel about this?

Views: 858

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

KIND OF TRUE BUT THIS DOESNT APPLY TO A LOT OF DJS I KNOW BUT YEA THIS IS TRUE TO A DEGREE
I believe that DJ's are popular for playing Hott records...If your shit is hot they will play it. if it is wack they won't play it...It does not matter which DJ it is....
Lets be honest. DJs created situations for artists to have an outlet. In recent years artists have gotten lazy and the content of their records has become predictable. with that said there has been a split.. DJs have conceeded their creativity for a quick buck and artists have dumbed themselves down for ringtone record spins.

i dont totally blame the artists for talkin greasy like they have been. DJs have allowed them to feel comfortable with dissin DJs. If DJs spoke up about it then they would think twice before goin @ DJs for no reason. As a part of Core I have seen the influence that a DJ community has on the artists in the industry. We harvest GOOD MUSIC. If the shit is wack it dont deserve spins. Simple as that. Diddy didnt surprise me but I was disappointed because Bad Boy has been a part of our retreats since the beginning. So he cant be referring to all DJs. I should hope not. It is funny how when fuckas get in front of the media and wanna say something cute, its something fucked up about DJs . this coming from someone who signs an artist and drops one every other week not to mention changes his name once a year.

Ive been spinnin since 88. This pussy whipped no talent ass industry cant handle real DJs so they hire and manufacture DJs who will spin dumb shit on the air and in the clubs for the right price. I aint mad @ Diddy. Im just not honoring mufafkaz gettin comfortable with shittin on my craft because they lame asses runnin out of club songs

Speak Yo Clout

DJ Averi Minor
IMMA KEEP IT 100 !!!! EVERYBODY PLAYS A PART IN THIS NONSENSE. TRUE ENOUGH HIP HOP HAS "EVOLVED" IF THATS WHAT U WANNA CALL IT, AND AS AN ARTIST (A REAL HIP HOP ARTIST AT THAT) I FEEL ITS WACK MUSIC & OLD MUFUCKAZ REFUSING TO ACCEPT THAT THIS MUSIC AINT MADE TO SOUND THE SAME FOREVER.

PERSONALLY I FEEL THE FLOODGATES ARE WIDE OPEN AND DAMN NEAR ANYONE CAN BE A RAPPER NOW. MY OUTLOOK ON DJ'S HAS ALWAYS BEEN THAT THEY ARE THE BRIDGE FROM THE ARTIST TO THE PEOPLE, YA DIG ME? THERE IS ALOT OF GARBAGE SEEPING THRU THE CRACKS THESE DAYS, THE ARTIST IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING IT & THE DJ IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SPINNING IT .......PERIOD!!!!
it is not the djs fault it is the people that promote and program the music . the issue is always when it is a new song we must see how? where it breaks out from and who played it first. if you do not give a record a chance it will not win.and it is hard for a dj to be on top with out breaking a record.SEAN is a prime candidate on controling what the programmers play and the control of the promotions in the street with djs.,clubs and radio so why does he complain.
I FEEL DIDDY NIGGA IS DICK RYDERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I IF THE BIG NAME DJ PLAYES IT DEN THE PUPPET ASS DJS GONE RUNN IT IN THE HOLE
Diddy has a point that DJ's don't break records no more; I think with the way the industry is turning, its so easy for Dj's to bite each others style, or play the same "Exclusives" or what not, or what I like to call "cluemanatisms"!
To me, its becoming more evident that everything in this industry is coming full circle, and its getting back to the basics! Relationships WITH the DJ's! Promotion & radio maybe a different animal, but I think its important that DJ's make their own lane to brand themselves, rather that piggyback on the next spinner and play the same shit that their compatriots due...

Just my 25 cents worth..
I disagree with Diddy's comment, let us look at this deeper. Radio stations, the dj's/presenters they employ, most of them lose track of what's hot and what's not. If we didn't have illegal (pirate) /internet radio a lot of the artists' songs that is being played would not be heard and including album cuts..When you listen to a legal radio dj set in a club, its like listening to a radio show, and that's all round the world..
I disagree with the comment that all djs don't break records. When you think about Dj Coalitions that are key in the industry like the core djs which is made up of tjs djs, worldfamous superfriends, the aphiliates, etc. they do break records for promotional costs by the artist or artist (s) label. These coalitions are businesses first so they are in the business of making money for providing services. These coalitions have reputable names so they are not just going to promote anything either. I respect the DJs that are down for making their money, but other hand while making money one must not be to greedy and lose their integrity on how they do business. There are some artists that may not have the big budgets but have a song that the masses will love but if they don't pay the right price it will not make it to the masses because they have smaller budgets. Now I am not saying play anything; before you accept an artists' money the djs should check the song out the quailty of production, find out if they are doing additional promotions. If the artist can't afford big budget promotions, they use what they have to get noticed by the reputable coalitions. But at the end they will have to get more money to make that single go further. In some other cases, if they have good relationships with some of the DJs they may catch a break.

Overall, I am saying that this is a pay to play industry. but I think some of the DJs should also care about the quailty before accepting money because if they do that they can break good music and make money.

CC
NexGe Music
There are Different Venues To BREAK Music!! "CLUBS", "MIXTAPES", "RADIO", Everyones Music Will Not at all times Be Broken in all 3 categories! Some Music is Made For The Dancefloor strictly and We Play those in the Club!! A Get High and Blow smoke in the air song might not be a song that makes people dance "Thats what Clubs are for To Dance" Radio Has More of an Outlet than clubs because you can play different kinds of music depending on what kind of radio station you are on!! Also if your PD is'nt an old man or woman that just sits behind a desk listenin to so called consultants and dictate what to play without any knowledge of whats going on in the streets or clubs!! DJ's Broke alot of Badboy's Music so to say that statement I can't fully agree!! When is The Last Time a GOOD Record Has come from any of the Artist that are actually sticking themselves out here to make such statements!!?? It's Cool To Have Your Reality Shows Promoting and Creating Visual Images In The Consumers Heads, But at The End Of The Day Pretty Faces, Drama and Make up Don't make HIT Records! The Streets Have The Biggest Outlet To Break Records With Mixtapes But The Industry also want Something For Nothing!! The CORE DJ's Is Made Up Of REAL DJ's That Break , KEY WORDS HERE..."REAL RECORDS" Marketing Your Genre Of Music To The RIGHT Audience is KEY as well! To Be Continued....
THE MAJOR LABELS KILL HIP HOP HOW AND THE MUSIC HIS RECENT MUSIC KILLED HIP HOP
Personally, I think diddy killed hiphop, lol

But now on a real note, coporate america killed hip-hop as a whole, yes you have certain revolutionary artists out there, but it is up to us[dj's] as a whole to brake new artists, can you imagine people if one dj broke or brought music of one artists they know thats original and a fresh view point to the game, it wouldnt be this birdwalking/stankyleg/peanut butter jelly thing they call hip-hop today.

Lets bring together a movement for ourselves, fuck the coporations cause we started the shit, not them, they just milked it for what it was worth and are ready to move onto the next big thing being it whatever type of music it is.....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The Core DJ's.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service