@OfficialCoreDJs

Events

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Notes

Notes Home

Welcome! To view all notes, click here. Continue

Created by The Core DJ's Jul 6, 2014 at 4:18pm. Last updated by The Core DJ's Jul 6, 2014.

Do DJ's still get Acapellas???? Do DJs still mix?? What's going on....

I am re-writing this discussion because I feel it important. I wonder if DJs are still getting acapellas.
I love to mix just like when I had my vinyls, but now that every thing is digital the labels aren't sending the acapellas.

Back when we were caring crates, it was atleast 4 things that you were sure to see on a 12"
A Side
1. Clean
2. Dirty
B Side
1. Insturmental
2. ACAPELLA

But now-a-days the labels aren't sending them and sites like Diggi send a little but not many....
Is there NOT a demand for acapellas.... Do I have to be DJ Rob Dinero, or Clinton Sparks??? (No disrespect I got love for them too,and most of us are spinnin' there mixes) Is there a site that I haven't found yet???

If you are a label rep reading this...Bless us DJs !!!! I am sure that if you put it out there, you will be able to see REAL DJs getting back into the mix of things.

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I feel your pain to,,, Im using diggi and a few others and you are correct very hard to get acca now a days, I still get vinyl and very few of those have accs,,, makes it hard to do those on the fly remixes.
You right fam sometimes you are in need of pellas but it's hard to get , here is a website i use http://www.acapellas4u.co.uk/ you got lot of acapellas on it so let's share it!
Hell yeah it's hard to get or even find acapella's now!! Can u believe i was emailed a Gucci Mane acapella the other day??? But other than that it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack!!! I still believe in Mixxing & being creative. Not like these just jumped off the porch DJs who buy Serato, Play the same shit u hear on the radio & talk more than they show skill!!!
check out my mix on my page and tell me what you think
I FEEL ON THAT. I LOVE TO MIX AND COME UP WIT MY OWN REMIXES. THE RECORD POOL I DEAL WITH FROM OUT OF BOSTON GAVES ME ALOT OF ACAPELLAS. NOW IF I AM LOOKING FOR A CERTAIN SONG ILL TRY THE KAZAA AND LIMEWIRE OR ANY OTHER INTERNET BASED SITE I CAN POSSIBLITY GET IT. BUT RECORD LABELS IS SLACKING AND THEY NEED TO SOME US DJS PELLAS.
PREACH!
Most of the time if u ask for it youll get it.. I know its hard to track spins when u got 50 different remixes of a song.. I had that problem with a song I produced.
I FEEL YOUR PAIN BROTHA I STILL GET MY FROM THE LABLES & SOMETIMES ITS HARD BUT IT'S ALL ABOUT WHO YOU KNOW & HALF OF THESE NEW DJ'S CAN'T BLEND ANYWAY NOR DO THEY SHOW ANY TURNTABLE SKILLZ..
WELL, ALOT OF DJ'S DON'T DO ANYTHING ANYMORE. I GO TO PARTIES AND I HEAR DJS SAY THEY ARE THE HOTTEST IN THEIR RESPECTIVE AREA AND CAN'T EVEN CROSS FADE A SONG. ALOT OF PEOPLE THINK CAUSE THEY HAVE SERATO OR WHATEVER PROGRAM OUT THERE AND THEY CAN SWITCH SONGS AT A PUSH OF THE BUTTON THAT THEY ARE EXCUSE MY LANGUAGE THE SHIT. WE GOTTA GET BACK TO THE BASICS AND STAY HUMBLE THE DJ GAME IS A HARD GRIND AND SOMETIMES YOU WON'T GET CREDIT FOR SOME OF THE THINGS THAT YOU DO.. FOR SOME DJ'S LIKE ME ALOT OF INSTRUMENTALS AND ACAPELLAS ARE HARD TO FIND BUT I MAKE DO WITH WHAT I HAVE. WE NEED TO GET MORE UNITY BETWEEN OUR DJS INSTEAD OF TRYING TO UNDER CUT EACHOTHER. ONCE WE GET THE UNITY THEN DJS WILL BEGAN TO SHARE MUSIC AND OTHER OUTLETS. SOME DJS FEEL THAT SINCE THEY HAVE ALL THE MUSIC CONNECTS I.E, WEBSITES ECT. THAT THEY WILL RUN THINGS. THIS IS NOT TRUE BY ANY MEANS. I DO ALOT OF GIGS AND I DONT HAVE ALOT OF MUSIC THAT OTHER SO CALLED RIVAL DJS HAVE. I HAVE NO RIVALS, BUT HEY TRY TO MAKE BEEF WHERE THERE IS NO BEEF LOL....THIS MUSIC GAME COMES DOWN TO BEING YOURSELF,BEING CREATIVE, AND ENJOYING WHAT YOU DO. I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN A COMPALINT FOR NOT HAVING CERTAIN MUSIC , BECAUSE FOR WHAT I DON'T HAVE, I MAKE UP IN OTHER AREAS, SUCH AS MINGLING, BEING A GODD HOST, AND JUST BEING VERY INTERACTIVE WITH THE CROWD. BUT IF I COULD HAVE ALL THE PERKS OF GETTING THE MUSIC, ACAPELLAS, AND INSTRUMENTALS, I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THEM. WE MUST UNIFY THE GAME AND THEN ALL THE OTHER THINGS WILL FALL INTO PLACE.
I was going threw that i bought a vocal zapper i can get vocals off a record cd tape etc
great machine
You know what it is this your boy Dj Starr Childd- Check out www.1200squad.com
Clean,Dirty,Instrumentals & Acapellas

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The Core DJ's.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service