@OfficialCoreDJs

Events

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Notes

Notes Home

Welcome! To view all notes, click here. Continue

Created by The Core DJ's Jul 6, 2014 at 4:18pm. Last updated by The Core DJ's Jul 6, 2014.

What do YOU consider OLD SCHOOL?? What era did you come up in ..?

Views: 1958

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm young...I was born in 84' so old school to me is like early 80s and back
Old chool is when the sugar hill gang was rocking the mic. Even tho im only 18 I love all the hits before my time.
I was born in 1986...but my father and uncle raised me listening to everything in the world because they were DJ's and my oldest brother just a huge hip-hop head back when it was hip-hop not rap!!! i love my throw back jams from the 90's but old school to me is classic tunes before my era and anyone of these newer cats era's. the list below is just what i would consider old school off the top of my head.

The S.O.S. Gap Band
Mase & Frank Beverly
Teena Marie (not to be confused with tierra marie)
Cameo
Prince
Mark Morrison
The Undisputed Truth
Raze
Bohannon
Michael Jackson
Zhane
Chaka Khan
Lakeside
Parliment & The Funkadelics

thats just some of them i can go on for days about old school music because it still goes so much harder in the clubs if you know how to mix it in right.
I saw as a group we should build the biggest collection of old school music ever known to man and make an entire 100 volume set out of it!!!!!
I THINK BACK TO THE ISLEY BROTHERS "IN BETWEEN THE SHEETS" AND PRINCE AND WHO COULD FORGET MIDNIGHT STAR, KOOL AND THE GANG. THAT WAS REAL MUSIC
80's baby ova here. Old Skool to me is the music I remember from like 84 - 89. I can't even front! Who the hell is that dude with the shag Tony?
Force Md's, Grandmaster Flash & the Furious 5, Ready for the world, New Edition, Beastie Boys, Audio Two, Fresh Prince & Dj Jazzy Jeff etc. I think ya'll get the pic!
I do remember that guy album tho and ofcourse Sugarhill! I don't know when that album came out though! I wasn't hip to Queen until Waynes World came out! Them dudes was nuts though! No pun intended! LOL!
i am the definition of old school....a timelord from 1830 sent to the future to tell it how it is....check the album preview featuring guilty simpson and frank n dank for more info http://www.zshare.net/download/53691479892d4d47/

i thank you

OL SKOOL HOMIE IS ME CARRYING RECORDS FOR GRANDMASTER FLASH AND THE FURIOUS FIVE I OWN THE FIRST PLATE OF SUPERRAPPIN BEFORE THEY WAS ON SUGARHILL RECORDS. OL SKOOL TO ME IS BEING AT HARLEM WORLD WHEN KOOL MOE DEE AND BUSY BEE BATTLED
OR GOIMG TO SEE RUN DMC AT THE APOLLO
OR WATCHING THE 2LIVE CREW FILM A VIDEO ON 15TH AVE IN LIBERTY CITY MIA BABY. LMAO

WOW YOU DONE TOOK ME BACK WHEW!!!!!!
DONT TELL NO BODY ABOUT THIS FAMLEE
I came in around the time hip-hop was very young, circa 1978 or so...I consider old-school to be around the merge of hip-hop and R & B of the 70's...The 80's could be considered when hip-hop was a young kid and the 90's, we could consider hip-hop's teen years....Now all grown up, hip-hop has turned for it's "old-school" history...It's like when teenagers and young adults don't want to be around their parents because they think the parents are "old-school" and corny....That is what is happening to hip-hop right now....Everybody wants to be the coolest, instead of embracing the old-school....I think it would be an insult to call music from 2000 and forward as "new-school" That would not be a unfair connection because I am not sure what these cats are doing now-a-days!
Mid 80's early def jam artist. Also Run Dmc and of course Eric B. and Rakim.
WHUT UP ! THE X IN DA BUILDIN ! REPPIN SIMPLY RAW RECORDS & 26 YEARS ON THE CUT ! I been spinnin since Halloween 1982 & I consider old school any thing 10 years or older. My 1st record was given 2 me by my older brother & it was PLANET ROCK ! My record collection is around 90 crates deep plus I lost a good 10 crates in a flooded basement & another 5 were stolen. My music goes back from the early 60's to the present. I still bring cuts like ATOMIC DOG, THE BIG PAY BACK, PLANET ROCK, RUN DMC & ERIC B & RAKIM CLASSICS to every party. MUCH LUV & RESPECT TO THE CORE AND ALL THE PIONEERS DJ'S, MC'S, DANCERS, GRAFFITI ARTIST & PROMOTERS WHO HELP BUILD HIP HOP !

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The Core DJ's.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service