@OfficialCoreDJs

Events

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Notes

Notes Home

Welcome! To view all notes, click here. Continue

Created by The Core DJ's Jul 6, 2014 at 4:18pm. Last updated by The Core DJ's Jul 6, 2014.

In a recent interview with MTV Diddy said, "People have figured out the formula when they make records for radio, and DJs ain’t DJs no more. DJs don’t break records no more. DJs don’t play album cuts. DJs play what is going to move the crowd. DJs, they don’t expose you to the newness. That was the DJs’ thing. Hip-hop is in a recession also.”

Read the Rest
Here

This is a strong statement. How y'all feel about this?

Views: 858

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i agree if  the  track  is  hot  dj's  are  going  to play it  but  they need  to spin the  tracks  more  than  1 time!

LaMont Desal said:
I believe that DJ's are popular for playing Hott records...If your shit is hot they will play it. if it is wack they won't play it...It does not matter which DJ it is....
i  feel  you  brother  just  gotta  get  the  dj's  that really  do  break  records  on  your  team  weed  out  the  haters!

Jose Espana said:
I have been threw some of the things you are talking about and it is out of hand.

BIG BANGG ENT said:
DIDDY IS RIGHT!!! NOT ALL DJS BUT THE MAJORITY..I FEEL WHAT HE IS SAYING..IM AN INDIE RECORD OWNER AND THE MUSIC MY ARTIST MAKES IS NOT WACK .SEE FOR YASELF...! MUSIC IS GONNA CHANGE ITS SUPPOSE TO GROW...I THINK A DJ IS A GREAT TOOL AND SHOULD BE RESPECTED, BUT!! WHEN THE DJ GETS TO A CERTAIN POINT AND THINKS HE/SHE IS AN A&R,REC EXECUTIVE AND SO ON AND SO ON.THATS THE MF PROBLEM!!! AND ALOT DO THINK THIS.....IM NOT TRYING TO SHIT ON DJS BUT IF YOU READING THIS AND YOUR TRYING TO GET IN THE INDUSTRY,TRYING TO BREAK YA RECORD,AND YOUR LIKE WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH GETTING DJ TO LISTEN TO YOU..THATS THE SHIT IM ON..DIDDY WAS RIGHT WHEN HE SAID DO YOU THINK THE MAINSTREAM ARTIST GONNA SHOW YOU MORE LOVE IF YOU PLAY HE/SHE RECDORD THAT THE INDIE...FUCK NAW!!!

I GO TO DJS ALL THE TIME..TRYING NOT TO LOSE MY COOL AND BE HUMMBEL AND SAY"COULD YOU CHECK MY MUSIC OUT AND GIVE IT A SPIN TONIGHT" LOL...

DO YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF HOE ASS SHIT IVE BEEN TOLD!!!!
1."ALL MAN I ALREADY GOT MY MUSIC SET UP IM GONNA PLAY TONIGHT.
2."OKAY SHIIIIIIIIIT LET ME SEE I GOT U" NEVER PLAYED
3."DAMN MAN YOU SHOULD BEEN HERE BEFORE I SET UP"
4"OKAY I PLAY IT BUT ITS GONNA COST YOU LIKE 200-500 THIS BICTH BANGGIN SO ITS GONNA BE WORTH IT"
5."NOT TONIGHT LET ME GET YO EMAIL OR HERES MY EMAIL AND SEND IT TO ME BET "---NOW THIS IS A DJ WHO GETS AT LEAST HUNDRED EMAILS..MF STILL AINT GOT TO MY SHIT YET TO SPIN OR IT'S BEEN DELETED
6."ALRIGHT BET MY NIGGA IM BANG DIS SHIT AT EVERY SPOT IM AT" RUN UP ON THE NIGGA LATER HE ASKIN FOR ANOTHER CD..BITCH
7."MAN I PLAAYED YO SHIT TONIGHT" OH YOU DID "YEAH THE CROWD WASNT FEELIN IT" WHAT TIME YOU PLAY IT"AROUND 12 MAYBE 1AM" FOREAL CAUSE I BEEN HERE ALLLL MF NIGHT.LISTEN FOR MY MF SONG!!

NOW WHAT SINCE DOES THIS MAKE.WHY DO INDIE GOTTA GO THREW THAT MUCH BS TO GET A RECORD SPUN..
ITS LIKE YOU HAVE MAKE MUSIC FOR THE DJ AND NOT FOR THE PEOPLE..CAUSE IF THE DJ DONT LIKE IT THEN YOU MIGHT AS WELL SAY FUCK IT.AND GO TO THE NEXT ONE.

BUT THEN YOU HAVE SPENT MONEY TIME WHICH IS A WAIST.I REMEMBER WHEN DJS WERE REAL MF GAMBLERS I MEAN.REAL I DONT GIVE A FUCK DJS..."IM PLAYING THIS SHIT CAUSE I THINK ITS GOT A SHOT AT SOMTHING BIG AND I WANT TO BE THE MF TO SAY I BROKE THAT RECORD"!!!!!!

ALOT OF DJS IS FANS TO ONLY THE HOT NIGGAS,THEY DONT WANT TO HEAR SHIT AN INDIE GOTTA SAY..FLATOUT...
YOU KNOW "NIGGA YOU AINT,GUCCI,WAYNE,ROSS,JAY I AINT PLAYIN IT" OR SOME NIGGA THAT FEEDIN THE DJ THEN OF COARSE THEY HOT CAUSE YOU WERE THEY T SHIRT AND ALL THEY LIL GIFTS LIKE A BITCH..

IM JUST SAYIN.THIS IS WHAT I SEE.;
I GOTO RECORD POOLS WERE IM FROM AND ITS LIKE....YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME...I AINT HEARD OF NONE OF THESE NIGGAS AND WHAT CLUB IS SPINNING THAT CAUSE IM EVERYWHERE.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST I DID A EMAIL BLAST TO ALOT OF RECORD POOLS..AND SOME OF THE RESPONSE I GOT BACK MADE ME WANT TO PUT A PRICE ON THEY HEAD FOR THAT BS!

I JUST FEEL LIKE DJS HAVE FAITH IN YA INDIE AND TAKE THAT CHANCE,BECAUSE THE MORE CHANCES YOU TAKE THE MORE MF WILL FUCK WITH YOU AND THE MORE FAKE WILL SHAKE FROM YOU..SO THEN WHEN OR IF YOU WANNA HOST A MIXTAPE.NIGGAS WILL SPEND AND BUY..I WISH I COULD FIND A DJ IN MY CITY THAT WOULD TAKE A CHANCE OR OUT OF MY CITY ON US!

DJS! WE WILL DO BETTER IF YOU WOULD LET US...NIGGAS GIVE YOU THE SAME SHIT CAUSE YOU PLAY THE SAME SHIT..THATS IT
Now  this  guy  understands  how  it  works what's  going  on, but  if  dj's  have  an  artist  in thier  vicinity then they  should  break the  song  and  artist  to the  public   because  he's  a  dj and that's  his  craft now  if  he  wants  to  contact  the  artist  work out  a  business  agreement  with the artist  for  the  song  that  would  help it's  all bout  building   a  brand  and  working  relationship!

NexGe Music said:
I disagree with the comment that all djs don't break records. When you think about Dj Coalitions that are key in the industry like the core djs which is made up of tjs djs, worldfamous superfriends, the aphiliates, etc. they do break records for promotional costs by the artist or artist (s) label. These coalitions are businesses first so they are in the business of making money for providing services. These coalitions have reputable names so they are not just going to promote anything either. I respect the DJs that are down for making their money, but other hand while making money one must not be to greedy and lose their integrity on how they do business. There are some artists that may not have the big budgets but have a song that the masses will love but if they don't pay the right price it will not make it to the masses because they have smaller budgets. Now I am not saying play anything; before you accept an artists' money the djs should check the song out the quailty of production, find out if they are doing additional promotions. If the artist can't afford big budget promotions, they use what they have to get noticed by the reputable coalitions. But at the end they will have to get more money to make that single go further. In some other cases, if they have good relationships with some of the DJs they may catch a break.

Overall, I am saying that this is a pay to play industry. but I think some of the DJs should also care about the quailty before accepting money because if they do that they can break good music and make money.

CC
NexGe Music

I'd like to start off by saying, "All D.J.'s are not included in this reply. Only the ones that the shoe fits, all others be at ease and fall back.."

1. Gentlemen, how does a radio station earn its income? By getting companies to advertise on their radio broadcast.

2. What attracts companies to any given radio station in regards to marketing and advertising? The amount of listners

3. How does a radio station get listeners? By spending from one dollar to a million dollars on broadcasting their brand of entertainment. Disc Jockey a.k.a. DJ personalities, by music or talk shows it broadcasts, in our case we're talking about music.

4. How does a radio station decide what music gets played on its station? By having a trusted person or staff decide what is relevant to the broadcasting intrest of the radio station. i.e. You won't hear rapp on an all country western radio broadcast, etc. Once upon a time, D.J.'s didn't have the control they have today! Today, D.J.'s are more or less telling the program directors what to do, in some cases. Its evident when a D.J. can get on the air and say that he or she isn't playing someones music because of a personal gripe. And, the station manager or program dir. allows it to happen. Our gripe is not with the D.J.'s it's with the people that call the shots at the radio stations.

Ditty is 100% correct when he said, "DJs play what is going to move the crowd.", on the other hand, they are still D.J.'s its just these radio stations need to take back control of what they broadcast and take back control of what gets played and what doesn't. Let the Owner, the directors, the manager, or program directors do their job, and put some of these D.J.'s in check! A&R's are at the record labels where they belong, how would it look if the head of the A&R dept. of Sony/Jive started acting like a D.J.? Exactly, it doesn't make sense. D.J.'s are hurting the industry by stepping out of line and need to get put back in thier place, which is playing what the company says they should play. This way, labels don't have to worry about new hits being ignored anymore. QUITE FRANKLY, I'M TIRED OF HEARING THE SAME 10 FK'NG SONGS ALL DAY EVERY DAY! WHERE THE HELL IS THE NEW MUSIC; RADIO STATIONS? THE LABELS ARE DOING THEIR JOB! GET THE HELL ON YOURS!

I agree when you said, D.J's should have some integrity, because artist and producers work hard as hell making good music. Not every artist or company have a budget after production; but have banging ass traks. The D.J.'s should not forget where they came from and stop putting money over everything. If their thirsty asses can't make a car payment ask your boss for a raise, but by no means should you guys make the labels, the producers, or the artist suffer because you can't pay your bills. Shit! People put hard work, blood sweat and tears into their music, and to be shot down unnecessarily when you know you got fire ain't rite! What give D.J.'s the rite, to rub in an artist face the fact that their broke? The artist knows he/she is broke and is trying to do something positive and constructive about it, but no! These arrogant bastards don't see it that way, they let their position go to their heads and forget that somebody took a chance on them, and then they have the audacity to want pay-0-la from broke artist as well as rich people too! It ain't rite, and I'll never condone it! I thought exec's control their companies, but its obvious they don't.  Plus, the respect factor is out of the window. You got D.J. thugs, and killers, and tough guys instead of just being D.J.'s So, Diddy is rite in one regard, because they are killing the game by not giving the public what they want. People like Diddy got enuff money to buy any D.J. he wants but why should he, if he knows he's producing hot shit in general? I know me, diss me today, your ass will be working for me tommorow, then we'll see how you like me now!

Mo Better said:
Now  this  guy  understands  how  it  works what's  going  on, but  if  dj's  have  an  artist  in thier  vicinity then they  should  break the  song  and  artist  to the  public   because  he's  a  dj and that's  his  craft now  if  he  wants  to  contact  the  artist  work out  a  business  agreement  with the artist  for  the  song  that  would  help it's  all bout  building   a  brand  and  working  relationship!

NexGe Music said:
I disagree with the comment that all djs don't break records. When you think about Dj Coalitions that are key in the industry like the core djs which is made up of tjs djs, worldfamous superfriends, the aphiliates, etc. they do break records for promotional costs by the artist or artist (s) label. These coalitions are businesses first so they are in the business of making money for providing services. These coalitions have reputable names so they are not just going to promote anything either. I respect the DJs that are down for making their money, but other hand while making money one must not be to greedy and lose their integrity on how they do business. There are some artists that may not have the big budgets but have a song that the masses will love but if they don't pay the right price it will not make it to the masses because they have smaller budgets. Now I am not saying play anything; before you accept an artists' money the djs should check the song out the quailty of production, find out if they are doing additional promotions. If the artist can't afford big budget promotions, they use what they have to get noticed by the reputable coalitions. But at the end they will have to get more money to make that single go further. In some other cases, if they have good relationships with some of the DJs they may catch a break.

Overall, I am saying that this is a pay to play industry. but I think some of the DJs should also care about the quailty before accepting money because if they do that they can break good music and make money.

CC
NexGe Music

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The Core DJ's.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service