@OfficialCoreDJs

Events

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Notes

Notes Home

Welcome! To view all notes, click here. Continue

Created by The Core DJ's Jul 6, 2014 at 4:18pm. Last updated by The Core DJ's Jul 6, 2014.

I'm So Tired Of ARTIST that get to big headed and haven't sold ANYTHING....

I was looking for the discussion about mother fuckers that owe you money post it here. I couldn't find it so I had to start it here. Ok this goes out to any artist that think they are using anyone for their personal game. I'm venting, because I just got word that an artist that I've managed and devoted my time for several years and money in his career. I didn't ask for money, but however look out for a nigga when you get on I need to get my company up and running. Well guess what? Mother fucker signed to Universal and CUT me out.

Now to all you artist that do that triflin shit. Let me tell you that you ain't stopping nothing. You show where your loyalty lies it will get around and then no one will fuck with you. If you're anything like me I take that anger and use it for good. What it does to me it just makes me HUSTLE more harder. I don't worry, because god got me regardless.

The moral of this story is YOU REAP WHAT YOU SO and when the grass seem greener on the other side it usually isn't. Stop looking for people to do something for you when you not even investing in yourself.

Yeah I may got cut out, but everything is Keep on Keepin On

Views: 221

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow you are so right wink wink. You know what you right about remaining friends. Now that was smart on your part. Yeah I believe in my heart I did the right thing. I agree with you what I learned is priceless and yes some don't even have a clue. Thanks I couldn't of said it any better. thanks hun. Oh yeah we the same I will be quick talking about it. I don't like to name drop but if have to I ain't going to lie I will. I don't blame you on that one though. Yeah I agree I always wish him success. Yeah I don't believe in trying to knock someone else down. That's very important. Its hard when someone hurt you, but I don't let people harden my heart. Man you are so right that's what's up. Thanks for the game fa real. I never looked at me handling this in any other way.

KaBoom Promotions said:
Let me start with acknowledging Jacque's message to you. Hmmmm, gotta take heed! Yet many are right with the expressions toward concerning-agreement for protecting your time. Things is, the minute you assist.... what else would you need.....if you understand what Jacque is saying...???
If I wanted to work with you, I know for a fact that right now I know the majority of what I need to know about you and your services. It's obvious now that you made excellent decissions in supporting this artist. *Wink* Guess what my portfolio is full of? Successful people who so called, "Cut My Throat." Check it, I didn't end the friendship. It empowered me and I spoke about how they did me every time I spoke about our relationship to industry folk .....UNTIL I WAS PAID. But I wasn't asking for money, that's key. Plus I didn't speak about the cut-me-out with contemptment. I praised that fact that they found success. Why? Because at the time I wanted to know how it was done, what was said, and anything else that might be interesting. You better believe we stayed friends. How about pictures that were done for free...all paid for. I can't even display them or the videos previously made because I don't own them anymore. Guess I got a big mouth. Yep, I dropped names, but I never wish a nicca failure! Today I make it clear that I believe in me and my choices......and that I do not sell content to commercial interest if I'm going to be cut out. Now when someone ask, what celebrity have you worked with.... I'll be able to show them.

You put time in with this artist and the truth is even if he's signed, you'll never loose that time...contract or not. Experience and knowledge is priceless when everyone else is being tricked concerning how to really be successful.

-KaBoom Promotions
WELL ! ARTIST WHO DO SHIT LOT THAT DO NOT LAST IN THE GAME. LOYALTY IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS.
Yeap that's how I believe too. Thanks

DJ FELTIP said:
WELL ! ARTIST WHO DO SHIT LOT THAT DO NOT LAST IN THE GAME. LOYALTY IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS.
How SMART were they really?
ok so they got "signed"

how much was the advance (and was it an advance or bonus)

Do they have any kind of guarantee of commercial release?

is a marketing budget included?

How is publishing handled and is there any cross collateralization?

How are masters handled for the duration?

Merchandising?

Tour/Video Support?

I could go on for another 10 issues.

I BETCHA...they got a flaw deal! much less than what they would have gotten WITH you on their team.

BUMP DEM
Damn that's what I was saying. Thanks man yeah my last words to him was just that. Ok now you signed then what? Now I don't mess with you and all the people around you you don't even know. I just hope things work out for you and I wish you much success, but loyalty is everything to me. I just thank god that this happened now and not later. Yeah I mean by my experience I discovered that geniune people are hard to come by and I just made the decision that that's what matters to me. Its taken me this far. I mean honestly for me to be where I'm at today. It isn't because of any money its just because the type of person I am and how I treat people. He's stupid. You right though poor thing don't know any better. Oh and you is about a sweetheart.

HotCity said:
How SMART were they really?
ok so they got "signed" how much was the advance (and was it an advance or bonus)

Do they have any kind of guarantee of commercial release?

is a marketing budget included?

How is publishing handled and is there any cross collateralization?

How are masters handled for the duration?

Merchandising?

Tour/Video Support?

I could go on for another 10 issues.

I BETCHA...they got a flaw deal! much less than what they would have gotten WITH you on their team.

BUMP DEM
I am loving the "Yeah I believe in you, I believe in me too. So sign right here niccasign here nicca" Also remember people respect what they pay for more than free.

Lady Tempo said:
www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/lmckennis

Protect your investments, which can be time, money, ideas, or energy. Which one is very cruicial and you can not get it back. We can always create something new, always recharge ourselves, ALWAYS get more money, but you can't get back ya time. PROTECT IT and DON'T WASTE IT... Yeah we may be cool, but this is business. Yeah I believe in you, I believe in me too. So sign right here nicca, lol...

I feel you on this because this could have been me, but I paid attention to the signs and it was over before it even began...

One monkey don't stop no show...

PEEEAAAAAACE!!!
Yes they do. You is to much girl. Thanks for the reply.

PAM GREER said:
I am loving the "Yeah I believe in you, I believe in me too. So sign right here niccasign here nicca" Also remember people respect what they pay for more than free.

Lady Tempo said:
www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/lmckennis

Protect your investments, which can be time, money, ideas, or energy. Which one is very cruicial and you can not get it back. We can always create something new, always recharge ourselves, ALWAYS get more money, but you can't get back ya time. PROTECT IT and DON'T WASTE IT... Yeah we may be cool, but this is business. Yeah I believe in you, I believe in me too. So sign right here nicca, lol...

I feel you on this because this could have been me, but I paid attention to the signs and it was over before it even began...

One monkey don't stop no show...

PEEEAAAAAACE!!!
i feel you totally! nobody is humble anymore, and alot of these artist dont think beyond wats really real, you can be doin it big in your own eyes an when you burn those who was by yo side you can lose everything in the blink of the eye! remember dat.
Thanks so much hun you are right thats one of the wisest things I have heard throughout this discussion. Thanks for replying.

ReddBone The Great said:
i feel you totally! nobody is humble anymore, and alot of these artist dont think beyond wats really real, you can be doin it big in your own eyes an when you burn those who was by yo side you can lose everything in the blink of the eye! remember dat.
This is exactly why my business is on hold right now. And it's not just artist it's models too. Everyone is looking for a hand out but won't take the energy, time, or money to invest in themselves. So for 2009 it's all about ME and MY money.
DJ CLINTON SPARKS PRESENTS CATSKILL ''HEIR TO THE THRONE''

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS SAYS ''CATSKILL'S ALBUM ''HEIR TO THE THRONE''

WILL DO FOR HIP HOP, WHAT MICHAEL JACKSON'S ''THRILLER'' DID FOR POP MUSIC!!

FIND OUT WHY THE BIGGEST DJ IN THE WORLD GOT BEHIND THIS PROJECT.

SPREAD THE WORD. LEAVE FEEDBACK. LET THE WORLD KNOW YOU LISTEN TO CATSKILL!!

www.myspace.com/catskillmc
204-996-3420
catskillmc@gmail.com

Wow hun I know that's right girl.

The Blu Sapphires said:
This is exactly why my business is on hold right now. And it's not just artist it's models too. Everyone is looking for a hand out but won't take the energy, time, or money to invest in themselves. So for 2009 it's all about ME and MY money.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The Core DJ's.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service