@OfficialCoreDJs

Events

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Notes

Notes Home

Welcome! To view all notes, click here. Continue

Created by The Core DJ's Jul 6, 2014 at 4:18pm. Last updated by The Core DJ's Jul 6, 2014.

What do YOU consider OLD SCHOOL?? What era did you come up in ..?

Views: 1958

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nigga what about (Ace spectrum) "Just like in the Movies" thats OLD SCHOOL my nigga! I was in St. Nicholas project with Teddy when they recorded that first guy album with Timmy Gatland niggaz used Ted's bathroom as the booth Aight! way before they was called GUY they was (Kids At work) When I was legal in the clubs the Dj was mixing "Good Times" with Spoony "G"my Nigga hahaha!
I kind of forgot about Ray Parker Jr. Now that is old school..lol.

"THE HONORABLE"DJ M.O.B. ™: MR. CERTIFIED RECORD BREAKER™ said:
ooohh shit check these videos out!! if this ain't 80's

Ray Parker Jr-"A woman needs love"
Me too. Grew up in the 70s and 80s. I consider that true old school.

DjCrazyboy said:
Im a 70s child,,lol,, I remeber kurtis blow Basket ball,, sugar hill gang,, egyptian lover,, a lot of parlament and earth wind and fire,, commodores,, Lakeside,,, I still bang em you dont know where youre going if you cant remember where you came from,,, Rappin Duke Da Ha,, Just Ice Latoya,,, Steady B Im serious,, man I can go on for days,, old school to me is the 70s-80s,,, Throwbacks, late 80s mid 90s,,,, new school late 90s... I miss them days,,, bustin open mixers,, puttin toggle switches on to transform cause my mixer had a rotary fader,,,
Aiight this what i grew up on this is what was killing the streetz feel me Shyt like CALL ME BY SKYY N AFRICA Bambaataa and soul sonic force 'Planet Rock'

Big-D / Bluestar Records said:
Aiight this what i grew up on this is what was killing the streetz feel me Shyt like CALL ME BY SKYY N AFRICA Bambaataa and soul sonic force 'Planet Rock'

Imma roll with the creator on the phrase "Cold as Ice" Rick James!!!!
What's Up T.Neal Its You Boy Jammin Dj Lou. I Am Going Say Thats A Damn Topic!!!! Here's Some Of My Old School Picks From The 80's That Make You Wanna Pop,Shake Or Break!!!!!!!! P.S. Some Of These Records May Have Popcorn Sound Or Not That's Old School To Me!!!!!!!!!!!
Attachments:
eric b and rakim, joe-skee love the get fresh crew, 3 times dope,steady b no really im serious lol
Maaaaaan i got a 5 disc box set of that Sugar Hill Gang...with the big book!!! Go hard.....

Tony Neal said:

Old skoool is King Tim III, I grew up in Brooklyn on Myrtle ave n Palaski and also in Brick city Newark between 1977 and 1989... was bombin trains in 1983, went Fresh Fest 1n 2 and Was in the 6th row at Def Jam 87 and saw and chilled with SCOTT LA ROCK a week b4 he was killed , Now that OLD SKOOL ......Peace to all CORE DJs WORLDWIDE......

Yo this is DJ Jack Da Rippa....I'm a 80's baby so old school to me is 1982 and back....me personally I love the 90's hiphop...it seemed to embody what hiphop is to me....Not to diss hiphop music that has came out since 2000..but it seems we have to dig harder to find hiphop with that creative edge that brought our music to the forefront...from the south to the east coast to the midwest and westcoast...Don't get me wrong most of the groups that were born in the 90's still keep a creative egde in ther music....De la soul, Q-Tip, Buckshot, BootCamp, 8-Ball and a host of others who continue the tradition of bein edgy..and the groups from these camps continue to carry on the tradition...like Lil Brother, Hiero, Royce 5'9...shit you know the rest...Old school is........???? U tell me!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The Core DJ's.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service