Winterville NC's Finest!!!!!!!!!!!!
Born and raised in a small town of Winterville, North Carolina Ronnie Run is a well-known rapper with a lot of streets credit. “I want to put North Carolina on the map and show people that there is talent around the state.” Growing up around the Pitt County area was just plain and real for Ronnie. “Where I’m from was nothing different from your New York or LA. Living in the South; the pace is slow and the hard work is there.” Starting out as a DJ; Ronnie knew or thought this was something he wanted to do. “After the Dj thing fell through; “I had a backup plan and it was rapping.” Ronnie’s influences are God, my daughter Jocelyn, my family, The Sugar Hill Gang, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, 2Pac, Notorious BIG, Rakim, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, KRS-One, LL Cool J, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Jay-Z and the list goes on and on. “I remember the first time I heard “Rapper’s Delight” by the Sugar Hill Gang and I knew from that point; rapping was something I wanted to do.” It was during a school test when Ronnie wrote his 1st rap song. After that I called my cousin Big Buji and he told me that he was putting beats together so we got in the studio and did my first EP "Lyrical Masta;" it became a street classic. Two of those songs hit the radio airwaves "Ghetto Stress FT. Black Chyna” and “North Kack for Real.” With the success of these songs, I thought it was time for me to try a new producer. I kept writing and one day while listening to a mix tape I called the producer off the CD, and the rest is history. ” I called the producer from Sick Man Productions, we talked and within two weeks I was recording my first song;”Back 4 Tha’ Third Time”. The title track, “4 tha’ Club,” debuted on the radio and quickly caught buzz around town as well as in other states outside of North Carolina. After the song appeared on the radio; Ronnie thought it would be a good idea to shoot a video for the song. “I got with my homeboy John RoRech and we ask Shawn (the owner of Club Dynasty) if it was ok to shoot the video there and he said it was cool.” About two months later I submitted the video to BET late night show “Uncut” and within a week the video was being shown before a nationwide audience. “I thought it was a blessing and an honor to be seen and heard on a level like that.” Soon after that; Ronnie thought it was time to hit the studio again and keep the street flooded with some more hits. “I had to build up my fan base so that when I drop the sampler CD “Cleanin’ Houze”; the fans would love what they heard. ” There was one joint the fans and the DJ’s were feeling and that was “Bump Dis’ (Carolina Ridin’). “I thought it was time to show the world how the Carolinas get down and let them know what we were all about.” Now Ronnie Run is about to drop his mix tape “Hot Joints Vol. 1” with one track making noise as we speak. You can’t go wrong with “I Remember,” which is making some crazy noise as we speak! Ronnie is continuing to network and recording, waiting to get a break. “I am bringing a whole lot to the table as a artist and I am willing to give 200% if needed”
RONNIE RUN, aka Winterville’s Finest
PO Box 252, Winterville, NC 28590
252-414-8403 or 252-756-0085
· Southeast Music Summit and Entertainment; Durham, NC (2000)
· Local 506; Chapel Hill, NC (2003)
· Talent Showcase, OIC Center; Rocky Mount, NC (2003)
· Aggie-Eagle Block Party; Raleigh, NC (2003)
· Phoenix Fest; Durham, NC (2004)
· Faces Lounge, Greenville, NC (2009)
· The Tank, Greenville, NC (2009)
Radio Interviews and online interviews:
· Larry Pickett Show (Local TV Show)- Raleigh, NC ;
· Foxy 99 (“Independent Spotlight”) – Fayetteville, NC ;
· Soul 92 Jams (“Carolina Home Jamz) – Rocky Mount, NC ;
· WZMB (91.3) (“ Local Love”)- Greenville, NC ;
· Beats and Mics.com (Online Interview)- Ohio
· Raw Roots.uk- UK based online magazine ; featured Artist (2000)
· Hip Hop-Magazine.com-(online magazine); featured in the “Next2 Blow” section; (2002)
· Hungry MC’s Magazine- VA Indy Magazine (2004)
· Mixer Magazine , featured artist, Greenville, NC (2009)
· Rap Lord Magazine, featured artist, Raleigh, NC (2009)
· Rap Solution, featured artist, Atlanta, NC (2009)
Online Music Sites:
· Rocket Radio.com- In the top 100 on the charts
· JamWave.com- Debut at NUMBER ONE in the charts
· GarageBand.com- “Track of the Day” on Nov.27, 2005 for “Ghetto Life” and February 21, 2008 for “I Remember” in the Hip-Hop Charts
· Soundclick.com- “Song of the Day” twice for 2 different songs, one of the most talked about person on this site!
· WhoRyde.com- Unsigned Spotlight for the month of March.
· Dmusic.com- Artist Spotlight in 2002
· MakeAStar - “Ghetto Life” 8.143 out of 10 and also made it to the quarterfinals!
· TightNetRadio.com- “Ghetto Life” was given 3 out of 5 stars!
· DurdeeSouthRadio.com- in rotation based out of Atlanta, GA
· MADD Houz.com- in rotation based out of Chicago, IL
· IndependentArtistCompany.com- 2 songs in the top 30 in the Hip Hop Charts! ,
· JangoAirplay.com- “I Remember” currently in rotation,
· Madeloud.com- Featured artist
· Undagroundz.com - “I Remember” given 3 out of 5 stars!
· Memphis Rap.com-“I Remember” debut in the top 100!
· UARadio.net – “I Remember” in the top 50 on the Hip Hop Charts!
· BeatPros.com- Featured Artist of the month, October, 2009
Mixtapes and compilations:
· URScene Records- “Bump Dis”
· Hungry MC’s Magazine Compilation- “Ghetto Life”
· Mix Tape Massacre hosted by Chuck Massacre – “Ghetto Life”
· Famperia.com- “4 Tha’ Club” and “Mass Destruction”
· Clear Channel Radio -(Urban) 2407 ("I Remember") and 3071 ("Ghetto Life")in 3 week and steady moving up the charts as we speak,
· Carolina Blue Print Mix tape with DTP Recording Artist Small World, hosted by DJ Don Cannon,
· Coast 2 Coast Mix Tape Showcase, Volume 34 mixed by DJ J. Boggie “I Remember”
COMMENTS on “I Remember”:
· DJ Green Lantern says: “Finally this is what I am talking about! A song with nobody getting killed”
· DJ King Bee from South Carolina says; “Ronnie Run is the truth he is nice on the mic”!
· Big Skye (2Pac homie) Says: Ronnie Run sounds like a new version of Biz Markie”.
· Niki Nicole (former DJ for Kiss 102) out of GA says: I like this track and I will pass it on to my fellow DJs”.
· DJ Slice (Power 95.5 out of Rocky Mount, NC) says; A real good commercial song